All set to treat your partner on Valentine’s Day? Try out this Valentine Recipe of fudgy Brownie served with Fresh Strawberry Sauce. Strawberries are in season and of course they are the apt ingredient to bring in the colour of love – Red, in your dish.
Heart Shaped Brownie with Strawberry Sauce
For the brownie
80 grams dark chocolate, chopped
50 grams butter, chopped
70 grams castor sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
50 grams flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
For the Strawberry Sauce
1 cup chopped strawberries
3 tablespoon sugar (approx)
A pinch of salt
To make the brownie
1) Melt chocolate over a double boiler or indirect heat.
2) Take off heat and add butter. Mix lightly till butter melts.
3) In a bowl, break eggs. Add the sugar and whisk the mixture till all the sugar dissolves.
4) Mix in the vanilla essence and the butter chocolate mixture.
5) Now lightly fold in the flour and cocoa powder in the batter. Ensure no lumps remain.
6) Pour the brownie batter in a greased baking pan (approx 5×7 inch).
7) Place it in a preheated oven and bake for 25 min @ 180 C
8) Brownie is done when the batter leaves the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9) Cool the brownie. Remove from pan and cut into heart shapes.
To make the Strawberry Sauce
1) Put the strawberry, sugar and salt in a pan along with 1/4 cup water.
2) Boil till the strawberry is soft and mushy.
3) Cool the sauce. Check for sweetness and puree.
4) Serve sauce along with heart shaped brownies.